Our step-by-step guide is aimed to help you, the landlord, make the right decisions at the right time to make the most of your property investments.
Step 1 – We will value your Property
- What’s the going rate in your area?
- Check your nearest office or search this site for similar properties.
- How much do you need to cover your mortgage and other expenses?
- We can offer you our expertise if you need to carry out some minor works/renovations before putting the property on the market
Step 2 – Presenting your property/viewings
- We will visit your property to take pictures/create floor plan and produce a property detail suitable for our prospective applicants. You will be asked to check through and sign upon agreement. Your property will be advertised on the websites.
- Think like a tenant – don’t overlook flaws just because you don’t mind them or you’re used to them.
- Reduce clutter – get rid of everything but the bare essentials.
- Decorate neutrally – tenants need to be able to see it as their own home.
- Keep it light – clean the windows and use light colours.
- Outside and in – tenants will often walk or drive past first, and fresh paintwork and well cared for outside spaces make a great first impression.
- Safety Regulations – as a landlord you will have the obligation to ensure that your property complies with all necessary regulations covering the safety of gas appliances, electrical installation and any furnishings supplied for the tenancy.
- You will provide a current Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- We can show prospective tenants around on your behalf and we’ll make sure it’s convenient for you and for any current tenants.
Step 3 – Let Only/Rent Collection or Property Management Service?
- Many tenants prefer to rent a managed property as it gives them the complete peace of mind. Also many of our landlords prefer their properties to be managed as it takes away handling calls/administration and dealing with maintenance issues. Please refer to our Property Management Services for more details on the type of services we offer to our Landlords.
Step 4 – Selecting tenants and rent agreed
- As soon as we have have found suitable tenants for your property, we will carry out the necessary administration before the start of the tenancy.
- References are checked.
- Tenancy Agreement is drafted and you will be asked to read and sign prior to the start of the Tenancy
- As a landlord, you will be required to prepare the property as per agreement. i.e. installations of furnishing/furniture/repairs.
- We will ensure that all funds are received prior to the agreed move in date and all Tenancy Agreement signed
Step 5 – Inventory & Tenants move in
- A professional inventory will be instructed to record your contents and conditions as the point when your tenants move in. This is to protect any disputes that may arise at the end of the Tenancy. Tenant and Landlord will be asked to sign the documents confirming the conditions is as per report.
- We will use this report at the end of the Tenancy to carry out a check out inspection.