Property Investment Agency tries to make the selling process as smooth as possible. Here is step by step process of selling your home.
Step 1 – Appoint Property Investment Agency
- We will try to make sure you get the best possible price in the specified time and will manage the sale through to completion. We’ll help with every stage of your sale, from valuation to marketing and conveyancing.
Step 2 – We will value your Property
- Your property will be valued based on: condition report/leasehold/freehold/current market/recently sold prices.
- We can offer you our expertise if you need to carry out some minor works/renovations before putting the property on the market fully.
Step 3 – Sole Agency or Multiple Agency
- Sole Agency is where one estate agent takes full responsibility for selling your home, and you pay them the agreed commission on completion. If you agree a sale privately you might also be required to pay commission, so check the contract.
- Multiple Agencies is an arrangement where you sell through more than one agent, but instruct them independently – so whoever sells the house gets the commission.
Step 4 – Instruct a Solicitor/Conveyancer
- You will need to instruct a solicitor or conveyancer to handle the legal aspects of selling your home. It is advisable to instruct your solicitor at the same time as appointing an estate agent. This will help to avoid delays and allow time for the collection of necessary documentation involved in transferring ownership of your property to the buyer.
- We can recommend a local solicitor to you from our panel list of approved solicitors.
Step 5 – Presenting your property/viewings
- We will visit your property to take pictures/create floor plan and produce a property detail suitable for our prospective applicants. You will be asked to check through and sign upon agreement. Your property will be advertised on the websites.
- Think like a buyer – don’t overlook flaws just because you don’t mind them or you’re used to them.
- Reduce clutter – get rid of everything but the bare essentials.
- Decorate neutrally – buyers need to be able to see it as their own home.
- Keep it light – clean the windows and use light colours.
- Outside and in – buyers will often walk or drive past first, and fresh paintwork and well cared for outside spaces make a great first impression.
Step 6 – Offers and Agreeing the Sale
- All offers received from prospective buyers will be notified in by phone and in writing to you.
- Price – how much are the buyers offering to pay?
- Are they in a chain? If a buyer is still trying to find someone to purchase their home, you will be dependent on their successful sale. It can be quicker to sell to first time buyers, investors, or people who have already sold their previous place and have a complete chain.
- Your position – are the buyers able to move in time to suit your plans and timescale?
- Should you accept? Ultimately the decision is yours, but we’ll provide all the help and advice we can to help you make the right decision.
Step 7 – Up to Exchange of Contracts
- We will get the buyers solicitors details which we will forward to your solicitors so that they can draw up the draft contract.
- The buyers’ mortgage lenders will carry out valuations and surveys of the property.
- Once the buyers mortgage offer has been confirmed, and all enquires have been received, then the buyers will pay their deposit to the solicitors.
- You will then be ready to exchange contracts and set a completion date
Step 8 – Completion
- The completion date will have been agreed and all is left is a simple call from your solicitors telling you that everything has gone smooth and that the balance of the monies have been cleared in to your solicitors account.
- The keys should be left with us for collection by the buyer.
Congratulations your property is now SOLD!