When you plan to purchase your property you may want to get an expert advice on the condition of your property. Especially if you are purchasing an old property which may have underlying issues, it’s hard to guess what condition the house is.    If you are purchasing a modern home or a new built home then the chances are that you could still have the NHBC Insurance so just a valuation survey may be suitable.  You can discuss your options with your Mortgage Lender or with us.

Your Mortgage lender will carry out a valuation but you will not be able to get a detailed survey that you are hoping to get if you are looking to find out if there any major issues before you buy then we recommend the homebuyer or building survey.

An RICS member will conduct an inspection of the property.  They will report on condition and highlight any problems.

There are three types of survey that you will choose from depending on the type of home you purchase.

RICS Valuation/Condition Report

Shows the condition of the property, offers guidance to legal advisors and highlights any urgent defects. Typically the lowest priced of the surveys, it is aimed at conventional properties and newer homes.

RICS Homebuyer Report

Includes all the features of the RICS Condition Report, plus a market valuation and insurance rebuild costs. It also includes advice on defects that may affect the value of the property with repairs, and ongoing maintenance advice.

RICS Building Survey

Essential for larger or older properties, or if you’re planning major works. The most comprehensive report provides you with an in-depth analysis of the property’s condition and includes advice on defects, repairs and maintenance options.

If you wish to know who your local RICS regulated surveyor is in your area, please contact us on 07790 77 66 00.

Free Valuation